Rocy View County resident arrested for drug trafficking
After an extensive investigation, the Airdrie RCMP Crime Reduction Unit has charged 34-year-old James Robert Fulton with trafficking large quantities of marijuana throughout the city.
On Oct. 18, Fulton, who is a resident of Rocky View County, was apprehended without incident after he was seen engaging in criminal behaviour.
A warrant was issued to search his residence, which resulted in the seizure of about 61 pounds of marijuana with a street value estimated at between $150,000 and $250,000 and a Canadian currency value of $32,000.
Cannabis resin and items used to produce cannabis resin were also found and confiscated during the search.
Airdrie RCMP and the Airdrie General Investigation Unit are urging residents to take necessary precautions to secure their homes and vehicles after several break-ins throughout the city over the last few weeks.
The residential break-ins all appear to have been done during daylight hours when residents are not at home, while the vehicle thefts have taken place overnight. The RCMP is encouraging people to follow simple guidelines to protect themselves from becoming a victim of one of these thefts.
• Keep your main door locked at all times.
• Don’t leave house keys “hidden” outside your home. Instead, leave a key with a trusted neighbour or family friend.
• Have window locks installed.
• Have locks installed on fuse boxes and external power sources.
• Install burglar or intrusion alarms.
• Do not install “doggy doors” on entrances.
• Know your neighbours well and build a rapport that will allow them to watch your home when you are not around and vice versa.
• Do not leave valuables in plain view inside your car. This can include everything from GPS units to small change.
• Remove garage door openers from your vehicle when parked at home.
• Try to park in a garage whenever possible.
• Buy a locking gas cap, which makes it harder for thieves to fill up if your vehicle is stolen. It also prevents them from siphoning gas from your tank.
• Never leave your car running if you are not going to be inside it.
If anyone has information on any unsolved crime, call Airdrie RCMP at 403-945-7200 or contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).