RCMP charge three after dangerous pursuit


Two men and one woman have been charged in relation to a pursuit that took place in Airdrie and area Jan. 21.

According to Airdrie RCMP Media Liaison Const. Dan Martin, the three people have also been linked to several other crimes in Calgary, Strathmore and the Airdrie area.

“These three were responsible for numerous offenses, as you can see from the amount of charges they’re all facing. The crimes that we were able to link them to through some interviews took place in Calgary and Strathmore,” he said.

“We have to work with those detachments in compiling all the files and getting all the evidence documented to make those charges. General Investigative Section (in Airdrie) is working with Strathmore and Calgary Police Service to make sure the evidence is there to support the charges in court.”

Mitchell Stanley Hall, 32, of Airdrie is facing 59 charges including carrying a concealed weapon, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, careless use of a firearm and resisting a peace officer. He was remanded into custody and will appear in Airdrie Provincial Court Feb. 1.

Tyrell Teddy Noskiye, 27, of Fort MacKay, Alta., has been charged with 16 offenses including resisting a peace officer, possession of break-in instruments, careless use of a firearm and possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose. He was remanded into custody and will appear in Airdrie Provincial Court Feb. 8.

Darby Jackson Benedict, 22, of Calgary, has been charged with nine offenses including possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle, resisting a peace officer and possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000. She was released from custody and will appear in Airdrie Provincial Court Feb. 1 (after press time).

The pursuit began at approximately 1 a.m. Jan. 25 after a truck the three accused were in was pulled over during a routine traffic stop for a burnt out tail light on the trailer they were pulling. The driver, Hall, took off at a high rate of speed and eventually pulled onto Highway 2 southbound.

The Calgary Police Services HAWCS helicopter was called in to assist. RCMP deployed a spike belt, which finally stopped the vehicle on Yankee Valley Boulevard at Eighth Street after Hall headed back in to Airdrie. The three suspects fled the vehicle, but were apprehended by RCMP and taken into custody. The truck, trailer and a recovered sawed off shotgun were determined to have been stolen.


About Author