Due to dry and windy conditions, Rocky View County Fire Services has issued a fire advisory for both the east and west divisions of Rocky View County, effective immediately.
"This advisory represents a moderate fire risk and will remain in effect as long as conditions remain," a press release from the County stated.
The east division includes all county areas east of Highway 2, while the west division includes all county areas west of Highway 2.
During a fire advisory, all burning and fireworks permits are suspended, and burning is banned, with the following exceptions:
- Indoor household fireplaces
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Burning barrels
- Camp stoves (properly attended)
- Barbecues (charcoal briquettes, propane, or natural gas)
- Wood pellet grills
- Propane/natural gas fire pit
- Recreational camp fires in an approved burn pit
- Fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designated camping and recreational areas
- Oil well flaring (must register with central fire dispatch at 403-264-1022)
For details on specific fire restrictions during an advisory, visit RVC's Fire Bans & Advisories webpage or follow the municipality on social media.
For information on fire bans and advisories in other areas of the province, visit AlbertaFireBans.ca.